A Blog for Nonprofits
Have you ever considered using LinkedIn to promote an event?
Well were all familiar with Facebook events, I haven’t seen any nonprofits in my area use LinkedIn to promote their fundraisers.
While Facebook can be a “warm and fuzzy” social media channel for event promotion, on LinkedIn you’ll be able to connect directly with professionals who prefer the career-focused updates and groups over the Facebook like button and comments.
- Go to the “More” tab on the tool bar and click on
“Start an Event.”
- Tag the event with 20 keywords in 20 titles.
- Invite your nonprofit’s donors/connections to the event.
- Check in with the event page periodically to invite additional donor/connections.
- Broadcast the event on all of your nonprofit social media channels.
- Consider starting a discussion in one of your groups to promote the event. Or ask members of your group for advice on social media event promotion.
- Ask your donors/connections to invite their connections to the event and/or promote the event in their status updates.
- Upload a PDF of your invitation Box.net files.
How does your nonprofit use its social media channels to promote events?